Troubleshooting Security Settings
In some cases, when you are using Web dSignShop from a computer within a corporate environment, the security or firewall settings that are in place for your organization may keep you from being able to download the Print Control. Here are detailed instructions for changing your browser security settings.
Please note: You must use Microsoft Internet Explorer to experience the full features in this Web dSignShop Demo.
Web Browser Security Settings
Web browser security does affect whether or not the Print Control will install correctly. If you are using “High” security for the zone you are accessing, a message will appear, that says “the page contains some content that might not be safe”. Followed by “AccessVia.PrintControl not installed or an error occurred”.
- Review your security in your Internet Properties to set your security for the appropriate zone.
- Make sure that you are set to at least “Medium”.
- If using the internet, click on the internet icon and set the security to “Medium”.
- If using the Print Control from a corporate or intranet set, select the “Local intranet” icon and set the security to “Medium”.
- After changing your settings, return to the page and refresh.
Setting A Custom Security Level
It is also possible to manually set the custom level for the Local Intranet. Verify that the “Download Signed ActiveX Controls” is set to “Enable” or “Prompt”. Both Windows Vista and Windows 7 have “protected mode” enabled by default in the Internet Explorer settings. This mode prevents the user from being able to successfully download the print control. If the user does not wish to disable the protected mode for all sites, the safest option is to add the website address to the list of trusted sites (by default, protected mode is disabled just for the trusted sites). So if the site is added to the trusted list, the user doesn’t need to change any other settings in order to successfully download and use the print control, and doesn’t have to disable protected mode everywhere.
Launch Internet Explorer
- From the Tools menu, select Internet Options
- Hit the Security tab and press the trusted sites icon (note that Enable Protected Mode is unchecked)
- Click on the Sites button
- Type in the website address and press Add. It should appear in the Websites list below
- Press Close, then press OK on the main Internet Options dialog. The user should now be able to download the print control without making any further changes.
Still having trouble? Please contact our support desk for assistance. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206.285.4994 Ext 2.